This week, our team will present several research abstracts at the Annual University of Nairobi STD/HIV/SRH Collaborative Group Meeting. We will focus on sharing what we have learned regarding HIV testing and care among infants and adolescents, as well as mothers.
The titles of the abstracts we will be presenting are:
- Targeted community outreach events to improve uptake and yield of HIV testing among children and adolescents in Kenya.
- Evaluating the implementation of the Adolescent Package of Care at health facilities in the Nyanza province of Kenya.
- Low attainment of virologic suppression among HIV-infected children on antiretroviral treatment 12 months after virologic failure in western Kenya.
- Uptake of routine viral load testing among HIV-infected children on antiretroviral therapy in western Kenya.
- The Sisyphean Task of Increasing and Sustaining Infant HIV Testing Rates in Kenya.
- Retention and viral suppression of newly diagnosed and known HIV positive pregnant women on Option B+ in Kenya.
- Assessing The Feasibility and Effectiveness of an Electronic Maternal Child Health Record (eMCHR) On Retention and Service Uptake along the MNCH Cascade.